The Farrells

The Farrells
Matt, Nicki, Owen and Nora live in the San Francisco Bay area. Matt is a research analyst at CBRE and is loving his job. Nicki spends her time playing with Owen and Nora, reading, crafting, and taking lots of pictures. Owen loves to read, sing, throw toys, and quote movies. Nora is growing quickly and loves to be the center of attention. We have a wonderful life!

About Me

Followers

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day

Things are a bit hectic around here, as you can imagine, with a baby coming in fewer than 12 days, so our Valentine's Day this year was pretty low key. Owen and I spent the day at home making treats for our little celebration that night. I told Owen that Valentine's colors were pink and red, so that's what he made us all wear. :) I made a quick treasure hunt for Owen to find his Valentine prize, which he loved! He really likes being able to figure out clues and puzzles. He gets so proud of himself, which I love to see - he's generally a pretty timid little guy, and I love it when we find something that boosts his confidence.

For our Valentine's celebration we had yummy pizza for dinner, and then chocolate fondue for dessert. Owen didn't really get the concept of fondue... he kept eating all the strawberries and bananas without actually dipping them in the chocolate, which is totally fine with me, but it cracked me up. Anyway, here are a few pictures!

Chocolate fondue!

Matt reading Owen the Valentine's book he made.

We told Owen that the rule was whoever dropped something in the fondue pot had to give a kiss to the person next to him. He started throwing things in so that he could give us kisses. Funny boy. :)

I made the boys tin can treats (the idea is from the Our Best Bites blog) with some homemade caramel-chocolate pretzel rods. Owen thought it was pretty cool that he got to pop open the lid of his can. 


I love our little family. A lot of people get sick of being at home all the time with kids, or not having a social life outside of spouse and kids, but I love it. I love our funny little traditions and activities, and the crazy things Owen comes up with for us to do. I can't wait for this next little girl to join us - Owen is going to be such a good brother. :)

No comments: