The Farrells

The Farrells
Matt, Nicki, Owen and Nora live in the San Francisco Bay area. Matt is a research analyst at CBRE and is loving his job. Nicki spends her time playing with Owen and Nora, reading, crafting, and taking lots of pictures. Owen loves to read, sing, throw toys, and quote movies. Nora is growing quickly and loves to be the center of attention. We have a wonderful life!

About Me

Followers

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

NYC food!

Of course there are tons of great places to eat in New York City. Here are the places that we went to and loved!

Shake Shack - the original is in Madison Square Garden (the park, not the stadium). Great shakes, burgers, and fries!

New York Pizza! Karen's favorite place is Famiglia Pizza.


A GIANT hamburger from Junior's. I didn't realize this burger was going to be this big... I had to take almost everything off of it to be able to fit it in my mouth. Juniors has great cheesecake, too. I had a classic plain cheesecake with cherries. Yum!


Eataly. This is a huge Italian marketplace. A lot of the stuff in there has been imported from Italy. There are several restaurants inside, each one devoted to a different kind of food. There is a vegetables restaurant, a pasta place, a pizza place, a wine-tasting place, a bakery, and several other places to eat. We ate at the pasta place - it was SO GOOD. It seriously made me feel like I had never had real Italian food before. I could eat there every day and be totally happy.

The fruits and veggies section of Eataly.

This restaurant was the veggies restaurant - they'd saute up whatever vegetables you wanted.

The "Nuts4Nuts" stand. These are all over the place. They sell roasted cashews, peanuts, and almonds. So good. This was my favorite street food.

Vynl restaurant. Best steak of my life here. It's pretty trendy and way noisy, but the food is so good.

The Waffles and Dinges truck - by far my favorite food truck. This place sells Belgian waffles with toppings - you can either get savory or sweet.

My waffle with strawberries and Belgian chocolate fudge.

SO GOOD.



We also went to Levain Bakery (where I got those HUGE cookies from a couple posts back), to Magnolia Bakery (yummy pumpkin cheesecake!), and to Grey's Papaya (hot dogs that feature in "You've Got Mail"). Oh, and of course we got hot dogs from a street vendor!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that you have a whole post dedicated to the food. :) If I ever make it to New York I will have to check some of those places out. That Italian place sounds amazing!

Jen said...

Wow that post made me hungry! So fun!