The Farrells

The Farrells
Matt, Nicki, Owen and Nora live in the San Francisco Bay area. Matt is a research analyst at CBRE and is loving his job. Nicki spends her time playing with Owen and Nora, reading, crafting, and taking lots of pictures. Owen loves to read, sing, throw toys, and quote movies. Nora is growing quickly and loves to be the center of attention. We have a wonderful life!

About Me

Followers

Thursday, October 2, 2008

38 weeks??

So at my doctors appointment this week, they told me that I'm measuring two weeks bigger than I should be - I'm at 38 weeks instead of the 36 I should be. The thing is, that's actually lower than what I was measuring before - normally, I'm three weeks ahead, instead of two, and I've been measuring three weeks ahead since about week twenty, as far as I can remember. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Does it mean the baby will be early? Or just that he's big? Anyone have any ideas?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

It's hard to tell anything with babies. They will do whatever they want on their own timetable.
My whole pregnancy with Emma, I measured 3 weeks SMALLER than I actually was. I was sure she would be a couple weeks late, but she came on her own a week early. So, who knows...
I really hope he comes early. It's always nice to be holding your baby in your arms when your due date finally rolls around.

Clark and Rebecca said...

I measured 2 inches bigger with Calissa at several appointments but the doctor said it was just because of her positioning in my belly. Calissa was 1 week early...so maybe it has something to do with it?

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

You're lucky...when I was 40 weeks (yes, 40) the Dr said, "wow - you don't even seem like you're CLOSE to having this baby!"

Yeah...two weeks later we had to push her out manually! (I was induced two weeks overdue....it was miserable!! Haha!) :) So be grateful! Haha!