The Farrells

The Farrells
Matt, Nicki, Owen and Nora live in the San Francisco Bay area. Matt is a research analyst at CBRE and is loving his job. Nicki spends her time playing with Owen and Nora, reading, crafting, and taking lots of pictures. Owen loves to read, sing, throw toys, and quote movies. Nora is growing quickly and loves to be the center of attention. We have a wonderful life!

About Me

Followers

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Isn't she lovely...

This is Matt writing. I just wanted to take a minute and publicly say how much I love my wife, and how amazing she is to me.

Nicki is the most amazing person I know, and I really do come to love her more each day. She is my best friend and someone I never get tired of talking to, even though she knows what I'm thinking without me saying a word. She is so creative and I love all of her projects that she takes on. She recently made a Woody costume, a pirate costume, a superhero costume, and a fireman costume for Owen for Christmas. She also made me a carpenters pouch for my woodworking tools, and an amazing tree skirt for the Christmas tree. Not only that, but she also recently played violin in several performances on Temple Hill of Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker. I don't know much about classical music, but from what I do know, Tchaikovsky isn't easy. And she is so talented she barely has to practice, she just sight-reads the whole thing. How awesome is that!

Not only is she very talented in her hobbies, but she is also an amazing home-maker. She cooks incredible dinners all the time, and is always reading cookbooks to try and find the next greatest recipe. Some of my personal favorites are her spinach keish, chicken tikka masala, and something I think she calls homestead chicken (it's got tomatoes and rosemary... you've got to try it). Of course I've got to mention her deserts too. Like today, I came home from work and she had made some of the best cookies I've ever had. No joke.

Of course I have to mention how much of an amazing mother she is. She is so kind and patient with Owen, even when he is in one of his moods. She takes time every day to play with him, read to him, color pictures, watch a show, or whatever he feels like doing. And of course she always has plenty of cuddles and kisses for him. She also spends time with him almost every day working on his letters and numbers. No joke, Owen will be reading before he turns 4. One of the most frequent things I hear around the house each day is the little guy saying, "Mommy, I love you". What greater proof do you need than that?! I know she is going to be just as amazing with our little girl as well. Oh, that's something else, she does all of this every day with a watermelon strapped to her stomach! Can you say, Superwoman?

Anyway, I just wanted you to know what I have known for a long time; that Nicki is truly one of the most amazing women on earth. I count my blessings every day that she would condescend to marry such a dork like me. I love her and I always will.

Oh, and can I just say one more thing... Isn't she the cutest pregnant woman you have ever seen?

1 comment:

rach said...

You two have always made me smile...