The Farrells

The Farrells
Matt, Nicki, Owen and Nora live in the San Francisco Bay area. Matt is a research analyst at CBRE and is loving his job. Nicki spends her time playing with Owen and Nora, reading, crafting, and taking lots of pictures. Owen loves to read, sing, throw toys, and quote movies. Nora is growing quickly and loves to be the center of attention. We have a wonderful life!

About Me

Followers

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Matt's Summer

This is a rare Matt post! I think everyone was getting sick of seeing Owen's mess when they came to our blog, so I thought I would write about what I have been up to.

I took three classes during Spring term at BYU and had a hard time staying focused in them, so I decided to take off Summer term. It has been really nice to not have to worry about school, but I honestly don't know what to do with myself half of the time.

I am working on fulfilling some of my requirements for the Honors program before school starts up. I have especially been trying to finish the Great Works Experiences that I need to get done. We have been going to museums and plays and reading books in order to get the requirements completed. I am also starting up research with a professor in the Marriott School to use for the basis of my Thesis. Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end.

I am still working at the MTC and am about to start with my last district. After that they are going to kick me out. It's a sad day because I have loved that job. It has been wonderful helping young missionaries get off on the right foot. I am not excited about finding a new job for the Fall.

Things in the Bishopric are starting to gear up as we get ready for switching boundaries. It will be very interesting come Aug 30th when we lose all but 5 of our men and get all new ones. I'm sure for a while it will be pretty crazy, but the good thing about this Church is that it always rolls forward. Nothing can stop it.

Other than that I am spending my time with Nicki and Owen. We are reading books, watching movies, going on walks, and trying get this boy on his feet. He is really close to standing on his own and once that happens he will be off! It is more fun being a father than I could have ever guessed, even if it complicates everything! I can't remember being more tired, or more happy.



Me and Owen with the Giant Sloth at BYU's Dinosaur Museum

1 comment:

KarenA said...

Hooray, a MAF post! Sounds like a fun summer.