The Farrells

The Farrells
Matt, Nicki, Owen and Nora live in the San Francisco Bay area. Matt is a research analyst at CBRE and is loving his job. Nicki spends her time playing with Owen and Nora, reading, crafting, and taking lots of pictures. Owen loves to read, sing, throw toys, and quote movies. Nora is growing quickly and loves to be the center of attention. We have a wonderful life!

About Me

Followers

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happenings of the last two weeks...

Lots of things have happened in the last two weeks... finals week, Owen's six month birthday, my sister Lexie's graduation, my family visiting, my cousin's wedding, Owen got a sweet new high chair, Matt started his Spring classes, I won $500 online and we bought a new camera with it.... and... I think that's all the exciting things. So, here are the pictures, since I know that's what you came for anyway. :)

The cherry pie I made for Easter with my new pastry cutter from grandma Bromley. I was very proud of the crust, but it was a pain in the neck! I don't think I'll do that again.

Owen's very first Creamery ice cream.


First time wearing shoes! He spent the whole night trying to kick them off.


I can't wait until this spitting thing is over.

Playing on the floor, having no idea that mom and dad are laughing at his hat.

New high chair! It's pretty cool - it's totally collapsible, the chair leans back and can also be raised and lowered - plus, it's totally water proof fabric which makes it really easy to clean!

Love this sweet face.

At our "Book of Mormon fiesta" ward activity, wearing their Nephite warrior headbands.

Matt getting ready to play the slingshot hunting game that we were in charge of.

Matt's prey.

Can't get enough of those big brown eyes.

Owen had a great time... until he realized there was something on his head and tried to pull it off.

Cracking up as daddy razzes his belly after a bath.

Getting my dad and aunt on two separate phones to help me compete for the $500 I won online!

Dad, mom, Kevin, and Hilary waiting for commencement to start.
Sorry, mom, but this was the only picture I got that had
everyone's faces in it..... aaaand it cracks me up every time I look at it. :)

Madeline, Matt, and Owen. Matt's tie was totally wrinkled by the time Owen was done with it.

Owen really enjoyed commencement.
(...and apparently we didn't get any pictures on our camera of the actual graduate, Lexie... oh well. I'm sure my mom, grandma, Becca, and Lexie will all put up pictures on Facebook)


Freezing outside Timp temple waiting for my cousin Jocelyn and her new husband David to come out.

My grandma and grandpa Bromley, aunt Carolyn and uncle Brant, and my cousins Janessa, Jocelyn + new husband David, Jared, Brittany + husband Chris, and Brantley. Man, I wish I were as photogenic as all of them are!

Owen playing with my mom and dad at Jocelyn's wedding lunch.

We discovered that Owen loves Ritz crackers! Give him a couple and he'll be happy for a long time...

We also discovered that we should take his clothes OFF before he eats them....

One gross, happy baby.

Matt took this picture to document (for those of you who don't believe it) that I really am capable of using nearly everything in our kitchen for just one meal.


And last but not least... a couple of videos. The first one is Owen in his high chair. When we have it all the way leaned back, he does sit-ups to get at whatever is on his tray. He was a bit tired by this point, so his sit-up isn't quite as good as it is normally, but it looks so funny every time he does it. The second video is of Owen 'walking'. He loves to take steps when we're holding on to his hands. What cracks me up is how high his knees and legs come up with each step. Matt says he looks like those soldiers that march with pointed toes and their legs way up. Was that the Nazis? The Russians? I forget. Anyway, it's pretty funny. I'll have to get a video from the side later on so you can really see it well.



6 comments:

KarenA said...

I'm very impressed with your pie. It's beautiful, like it's ready for a photo shoot for a cookbook.

Owen is goose-stepping. NAZIs. But, he's much cuter at it.

Cami said...

What a busy couple of weeks. That's awesome that you won $500 online! And Owen's still a cutie!

Auman Family said...

OK, that spit picture is awesome! He'll definitely want to remember that!

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

That is sweet you won $500! Crap yeah! Also, bibs are useless...its better just to take off their clothes. skin is easier to wash than clothes! Ha! Usually I take off all of Ella clothes, adn she gets a bath. Sometimes she gets 2-3 baths a day! Ha!

rach said...

i love the spit picture too! so awesome.

Lorna said...

$500? That's so great! Owen is so cute! I love the mOtivators, they are so adorable. I haven't gotten started on the baby shopping quite yet, still doing a lot of research on it all... but can't wait to get started! I'm planning the room in my head and all the great cute things that I need to make!!! :) SO much fun!
p.s. The pie you made is soooo gorgeous! It really does look professional! I did one like that once and probably never again too though it's hard! But mine didn't look that amazing! :)