The Farrells

The Farrells
Matt, Nicki, Owen and Nora live in the San Francisco Bay area. Matt is a research analyst at CBRE and is loving his job. Nicki spends her time playing with Owen and Nora, reading, crafting, and taking lots of pictures. Owen loves to read, sing, throw toys, and quote movies. Nora is growing quickly and loves to be the center of attention. We have a wonderful life!

About Me

Followers

Friday, March 20, 2009

Colorado so far...

Owen and I arrived here on Tuesday, and that night we just hung out with my family. On Wednesday, we were going to go to the Museum of Natural History because it was free day, but we couldn't fit it in between work, picking up kids from school, getting Kevin to soccer, and picking up grandma Auman from the airport. Oh well. On Thursday, we went to the Crocs warehouse sale. Crocs were invented here in Colorado, in the tiny town called Niwot where I went to high school, so they're a big thing here. Yes, they're ugly. But you know what? They're so dang comfortable. Anyway, Crocs is having money troubles (who isn't?), so they're trying to sell lots of their inventory quickly to hopefully generate a lot of revenue quickly. So we went down to the Crocs warehouse in Longmont for their big sale. It was a madhouse! So many people. We got Owen some cute little baby Crocs, got Matt a Crocs shirt, and my mom and sister got some Crocs sandals. We cleaned up pretty well... all of that cost about 25 dollars, when it'd usually be a lot more. Thursday night, we went to the Glenn Miller Orchestra concert. It was so much fun! I love big band and jazz, and these guys were so much fun to watch. We saw a bunch of my home ward members there, so that was fun. As for today, this is what we've been doing:





Here's a video of Owen sucking on his chocolate pacifier... it might be hard to see, but he's sucking really long and hard on that thing to get all the chocolate off. It was pretty darn funny to watch.


This is how much Owen loves chocolate:


Owen is also enjoying his time with grandma Auman, who has only been able to see him for about a day before this trip.


I love this little face.


My sisters are having a fun time with Owen - they especially love watching him splash around in the bath.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Nicki -- I think you have one of the cutest little boys ever!! I love the picture and video of him eating chocolate. He is really going at that thing!! Have fun in Colorado!!

Liz said...

Owen is so adorable! I love seeing the pictures of him - what a cutie. How brave of you to give him chocolate - not that there's anything wrong with it, I'm just a wimp at letting Will try new foods - you've given me some encouragement.

KarenA said...

Cute, cute. I like the "love chocolate" smile face.

BTW, that's now officially great-Grandma Auman; you're mom is the new reigning Grandma Auman. ;-)

Thanks for posting the photos!

Rachel said...

I love his "I love chocolate face." I'm glad you're having fun with the fam. I was hoping to see you at Alicia's bridal shower today, but you're in Colorado!