The Farrells

The Farrells
Matt, Nicki, Owen and Nora live in the San Francisco Bay area. Matt is a research analyst at CBRE and is loving his job. Nicki spends her time playing with Owen and Nora, reading, crafting, and taking lots of pictures. Owen loves to read, sing, throw toys, and quote movies. Nora is growing quickly and loves to be the center of attention. We have a wonderful life!

About Me

Followers

Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy birthdays!

On January 30, Owen turned 100 days old, and on the 31st, Matt turned 24 years, so we had a weekend of partying. For Owen's 100 party, Matt and I dressed up as old people (in our 100's, get it?), and Owen got to wear a special crown (which he didn't love). We went out to dinner at Brick Oven that night, made sugar cookies in the shape of 100's, and then watched a movie. Owen fell asleep halfway through dinner, and missed the rest of his 100 party, but I don't think he really cared. :)

On the 31st, my sisters Lexie and Hilary watched Owen while Matt and I went to the Timpanogos Temple. We had never been through that one, and it was soo pretty!! When we got home we went out for ice cream, and then rented a movie for the night. It was a pretty chill but fun weekend of parties. Below are pictures from our 100 party and some other pictures we've taken recently. There are two videos at the bottom, too - don't miss those!




Matt was stirring the dough so hard that he broke the spoon.

"100" cookies

Matt opening his birthday box from his parents.


Sleepy boy wearing his way cute outfit from Amber for the first time.


"No more pictures, Mom."


Poor boy fell asleep mid-finger suck.


I thought his way long socks made him look like he was wearing leg warmers, so we took a couple of ballerina pictures. He was having way too much fun. :)


All dressed up for church.


Ok, I know this picture is at a funny angle, but here's the story. Owen was practicing sitting up, and I was sitting right behind him. I held the camera at arm's length trying to get a picture of him sitting up by himself, but I was watching him in case he fell, so this was the closest I got. But anyway, Owen can hold himself up in a sitting position by leaning on his hands... kind of like a gorilla. It's really cute. He's getting stronger, and pretty soon, he'll be able to sit up all by himself!


Owen found his feet about two weeks ago, and now whenever he's on his back, he holds on to them. He has yet to suck on his toes, but he's already perfected the art of pulling his socks off, little stinker. :)


"What, mom? I'm not doing anything!"


I love how his face squishes up, since he's got no teeth. Look at those big lips and fat cheeks!


Owen has discovered the TV, and loves looking at it. He only gets glimpses every now and then when I watch a movie while Matt's at work at night, but he's enthralled every time he sees it.


Owen loves to bounce in his jumperoo. Sometimes he even gets both feet off the floor at the same time. It's funny to watch him bounce.


I got a video of Owen laughing! Again, the angle is funny. When Owen laughs, he'll only do it two or three times, and then he's done. He was laughing on his changing table, and I didn't have anywhere else to set the camera besides on his wipes. So the angle is what it is. But at least you can hear him laughing. :)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Hehe, I LOVE the 100 day celebration. I think it's important to do things like that as a family. :)

Amber said...

Yay! I'm glad he got to wear the outfit. It looks cute!

Sarah said...

You guys crack me up. I love the 100 day celebration. Great idea. And happy birthday Matt!

Emma loved the video of Owen bouncing. She watches it over and over and over. You have such a cute little baby.